- The work of astrologers (WP) represents thousands of years of empirical observation of human behaviour, and the consideration of belief in their conclusions must be set aside from, at the very least, their classifications of human personality types, which compare favorably to psychology's Type A and Type B classifications not only in number but depth
- See Aries people for more of the personality traits associated with the astrological sign and more
Aries, the ram, is an astrological sign that originated from the constellation Aries, and is the first sign of the Zodiac (WP). Aries is classed as a Positive or masculine, extrovert sign; its Element is Fire and its Quality is Cardinal. Traditionally in astrology Aries is ruled by the planet Mars. The opposite sign to Aries is Libra. Under the Wikipedia:tropical zodiac, Aries is occupied by the Sun from Wikipedia:March 21 to Wikipedia:April 19, by definition beginning at Wikipedia:vernal equinox. Under the sidereal zodiac, it is currently from Wikipedia:April 19 to Wikipedia:May 19. In Wikipedia:House (astrology) the 1st House is the house the Arian rules, in the 1st House dates are occupied on Wikipedia:June 21 to Wikipedia:July 22. The corresponding month in the Wikipedia:Babylonian calendar is Arax Nisânu, dedicated to Wikipedia:Anu and Wikipedia:Bel.
In Wikipedia:astrology the astrological signs represent twelve equal segments or divisions of the Wikipedia:zodiac. According to astrological beliefs, celestial phenomena reflect or govern human activity on the principle of "as above, so below", so that the twelve signs at the same time are held to represent twelve basic personality types or characteristic modes of expression. The scientific community generally considers astrology as a Wikipedia:pseudoscience or Wikipedia:superstition. ; yet despite this, belief in astrology remains widespread.
In Wikipedia:mythology Aries is often associated with the Greek myth of the ram which carried Athamas's son Wikipedia:Phrixus and daughter Helle to Colchis to escape their stepmother Wikipedia:Ino, as well as the Wikipedia:mythological figure of Wikipedia:Theseus, from the Greek myth of the Wikipedia:Minotaur.
The Wikipedia:astrological symbol for Aries is said to represent the head and horns of the ram, and originates from the cluster of stars which constitute the head of the Wikipedia:Aries (constellation), according to the work of Doctor Acacandam dating from 1592. The head of Aries is given the name of Aluathay or Salhay, and it consists of four stars.
Explaining House AstrologyEdit
The 1st House is the house that the Arian rules. It represents everything about an Aries, like birthdays, numbers, etc. It means The self, one's appearance, the body, physical characteristic etc. The Ego. Life. The start of anything. The planet ruling is Mars. People born under this house have the personality traits as an a natural Arian.
- Main article: Aries people
Those born under Aries are thought to be assertive, pioneering, enthusiastic, adventurous, humorous, fast-paced, energetic and passionate, sociable, good communicator, brave, action-oriented, individualistic, independent, impulsive, competitive, eager, straightforward, forceful, headstrong, a leader, focused on the present and freedom-loving. They can also sometimes be intemperate, violent, impatient, fiery, rash, extreme, and arrogant, impulsive, intolerant, insensitive, and bullying out of selfishness.
Body and healthEdit
In terms of Wikipedia:medical astrology and Wikipedia:anatomy, Aries is said to rule the Wikipedia:cranium, Wikipedia:jaw, facial bones, Wikipedia:brain, upper Wikipedia:teeth, Wikipedia:hair, Wikipedia:carotid arteries, and Wikipedia:nerve centers.
Physically, the Aries person is said to be athletic in appearance or demeanor/stature. The face of an Aries is thin, and long, narrow-pointy Wikipedia:chin (often wide at the bottom). They have red Wikipedia:undertones. They have a redness, or cripiness. Arians are prone to head injuries, eye strains, anything with the Wikipedia:face and Wikipedia:head. Also Arians usually have big eyes, big teeth, big mouth, and tend to have long hair. The Arian may also have a cleft chin, and lip.
The following items are traditionally associated with Aries:
- Most compatible: Leo, Sagittarius, Libra
- Semi-Compitable: Taurus, Gemini, Aquarius, Cancer
- A 50-50 chance with: Virgo, Scorpio
- Incompatible: Capricorn, Wikipedia:Aries, Pisces
|Colors||Wikipedia:Red, Wikipedia:Black, Wikipedia:White, Wikipedia:Gray|
In terms of mundane or political astrology Aries is linked with Wikipedia:Avignon, Wikipedia:Alicante, Wikipedia:Exeter, Wikipedia:Manitoba, Wikipedia:Micronesia, Wikipedia:Switzerland, Wikipedia:Swaziland, and Wikipedia:Sweden.
Some Arians and their birthdatesEdit
- Main article: Aries people
See also Edit
- Aries people - List of people with the Aries astrological sign and more personality traits and characteristics associated with the Aries sign Wikipedia:Aries (astrology)
Template:WesternZodiac Vicki Lawrence(March 26) Randy Orton (April 1)
- ↑ Jeff Mayo, Teach Yourself Astrology, pp 38-41, Hodder and Stoughton, London, 1979
- ↑ Jeff Mayo, Ibid, p 35, 1979
- ↑ "WordNet 2.1". Princeton. http://wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=astrology. Retrieved 2006-07-05.
- ↑ "Activities With Astrology". Astronomical society of the Pacific. http://www.astrosociety.org/education/astro/act3/astrology3.html#defense.
- ↑ "Objections to Astrology: A Statement by 186 Leading Scientists". The Humanist, September/October 1975. http://www.americanhumanist.org/about/astrology.html.
- ↑ Humphrey Taylor. "The Religious and Other Beliefs of Americans 2003". http://www.harrisinteractive.com/harris_poll/index.asp?PID=359. Retrieved 2007-01-05.
- ↑ "Science and Technology: Public Attitudes and Understanding". National Science Foundation. http://www.nsf.gov/statistics/seind06/c7/c7s2.htm#c7s2l3. Retrieved 2007-01-05.
- ↑ "Astrology". Microsoft. 2008. http://encarta.msn.com/encyclopedia_761552380/Astrology.html. Retrieved 2007-08-28. "Scientists have long rejected the principles of astrology, but millions of people continue to believe in or practice it."
- ↑ Derek and Julia Parker, The New Compleat Astrologer, pp194-5, Crescent Books , New York, 1990
- ↑ Theodora Lau, The Handbook of Chinese Horoscopes, pxxvii, Souvenir Press, London, 2005
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
az:Qoç bürcü be-x-old:Авен (знак задыяку) de:Widder (Sternbild) fr:Bélier (astrologie) hr:Ovan (znak) ia:Aries (astrologia) it:Ariete (astrologia) he:מזל טלה ka:ვერძი (ასტროლოგია) mk:Овен (хороскопски знак) nl:Ram (astrologie) ja:白羊宮 oc:Aret (astrologia) pt:Áries (astrologia) ru:Овен (знак зодиака) simple:Aries (astrology) sk:Baran (znamenie) sh:Ovan (znak) fi:Oinas (horoskooppimerkki) th:ราศีเมษ tg:Ҳамал