|This article contains content from Wikipedia|
An article on this subject has been nominated
for deletion at Wikipedia:
Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/
New Republic (Star Wars)
Current versions of the GNU FDL article on WP may contain information useful to the improvement of this article
When the Rebel Alliance re-established the Old Galactic Republic after the downfall of the Galactic Empire, it became known as the New Republic, just as the original Galactic Republic had become known as the Old Republic by that time. The New Republic was founded on the same premise on which the Old Republic had been established twenty-five thousand years previously: to have a representative parliamentary body govern the galaxy in a fair and equal manner. It was designed to eradicate the shortcomings that brought about the Old Republic's downfall. The New Republic was protected by the New Jedi Order which was established by Jedi Master Luke Skywalker, just as the Old Republic was once protected by the Old Jedi Order.
Further details of the New Republic are explained in the Expanded Universe.
List of Chiefs of StateEdit
- Mon Mothma - 5 ABY to 11 ABY
- Leia Organa Solo - 11 ABY to 19 ABY
- Ponc Gavrisom - 19 ABY to 23 ABY
- Leia Organa Solo - second time, 23 ABY to 24 ABY
- Borsk Fey'lya - 24 ABY to 27 ABY
- Cal Omas - 27 ABY to 28 ABY (Final Chief of State)
- Slavicsek, Bill. A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Second Edition.