|This article contains content from Wikipedia|
An article on this subject has been nominated
for deletion at Wikipedia:
Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/
The Workers and Punks University
Current versions of the GNU FDL article on WP may contain information useful to the improvement of this article
The Workers and Punks University in Ljubljana, capital of Slovenia, is an educational project that since 1998 each year from November to May on a topic selected by the WPU board runs a series of lectures based on social theories critical towards neoliberalism, including World-systems theory, applying selected, but not all, Marxian concepts to understand Slovenia as periphery country, such as the theoretical work of Wikipedia:Antonio Negri, Wikipedia:Andre Gunder Frank, with participation from notable international academics, including American geographer Wikipedia:David Harvey from Wikipedia:City University of New York and philosopher Peter Hudis from Wikipedia:Oakton Community College, British economist Michael Roberts, economist Joachim Becker from Institute for International Economics and Development Department at the Vienna University of Economics, Dutch economist Angela Wigger from Radboud University Nijmegen.
Lecture topics by yearsEdit
The topics by years were:
- 2013/2014 Democratic Socialism (with accompanying round tables with members of German Wikipedia:Die Linke, French Wikipedia:Front de Gauche, and Greek Wikipedia:Syriza)
- 2012/2013 Wikipedia:Euro crisis
- 2011/2012 Wikipedia:Financialization,
- 2010/2011 Class Struggle after Class Struggle
- 2009/2010 School as an Ideological Apparatus of Economy,
- 2008/2009 Stupidity,
- 2007/2008 Totalitarianism,
- 2006/2007 On Sin,
- 2005/2006 Political Ecology,
- 2004/2005 Post-Fordism,
- 2003/2004 Love and Politics,
- 2002/2003 May ‘68 – REvision,
- 2001/2002 Utopistics,
- 2000/2001 The Left,
- 1999/2000 The New Right,
- 1998/1999 Neo-conservatism.
- ↑ "Workers' Punk University - Culture of Slovenia". Culture.si. 2012-07-13. http://www.culture.si/en/Workers%27_Punk_University. Retrieved 2012-09-16.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Wikipedia:Jela Krečič: Razredni boj po razrednem boju, Wikipedia:Delo, 16 February 2011
- ↑ Delavsko-punkerska univerza: Potomci delavcev so ostali delavci in pozabili na punk, Dnevnik, 16 February 2013
- ↑ A 2013 lecture by Peter Hudis
- ↑ A 2014 lecture by Michael Roberts
- ↑ Joachim Becker: "Nujno je treba zavreti poglabljanje neoliberalizma v Evropski uniji, saj je to slepa ulica", Wikipedia:Mladina, 23.11.2012
- ↑ A 2012 lecture by Angela Wigger
- ↑ "Delavsko-punkerska univerza". Delavske študije. http://www.delavske-studije.si/en/the-workers-and-punks-university/. Retrieved 2014-07-02.