|This article contains content from Wikipedia|
An article on this subject has been nominated
for deletion at Wikipedia:
Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/
Valensole UFO incident
Current versions of the GNU FDL article on WP may contain information useful to the improvement of this article
The Valensole UFO incident is an alleged UFO sighting and Wikipedia:close encounter on July 1, 1965, in a lavender field next to Wikipedia:Valensole in Wikipedia:Alpes-de-Haute-Provence, Wikipedia:France by farmer Maurice Masse.
According to Masse, he encountered two small beings near a spherical vehicle that had landed in a nearby field. Masse claims that he was paralyzed when one of the beings pointed a tube-like object towards him. Masse said he watched the beings looking at plants and making grunting sounds until they returned to the vehicle and flew away. According to his wife, Masse said he received some kind of communication from the beings, considered his encounter "a spiritual experience", and looked upon the site as "hallowed ground" that "should be kept in his family forever". UFOlogists consider Masse's claims significant and cite "landing gear impressions" found in the soil.
- Photo of Maurice Masse
- Photo of the spot where alleged UFO landed with Maurice Masse near it.
- Valensole UFO Incident at Revista Vigília Template:Pt icon
- Valensole incident at Centro Brasileiro de Ufologia (Brazilian Ufology Center) Template:Pt icon
- Valensole incident at EdicolaWeb Template:It icon
- La rencontre de Valensole Template:Fr icon
- ↑ Denzler, Brenda (2001), The Lure of the Edge: Scientific Passions, Religious Beliefs, and the Pursuit of UFOs, University of California Press, pp. 39–, Template:Citation/identifier, http://books.google.com/books?id=BnQU2Q65lWsC&pg=PA39
- ↑ Narvez, Peter (1997), The Good People: New Fairylore Essays, University Press of Kentucky, pp. 484–, Template:Citation/identifier, http://books.google.com/books?id=DLmoKKkxAX0C&pg=PA484